LOS ANGELES – A main card contest scheduled for this Friday’s BELLATOR MMA 262: Velasquez vs. Kielholtz event between Linton Vassell (20-8, 1 NC) and Marcelo Golm (8-3) has been cancelled due to injury. As a result, a bantamweight fight between Team Pitbull Brothers-product Matheus Mattos (12-2-1) and Cee Jay Hamilton (15-8) has been promoted to the main card.
The event will air LIVE on SHOWTIME this Friday, July 16 at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT from the Mohegan Sun Arena and is headlined by a thrilling BELLATOR Flyweight World Championship matchup, as undefeated Juliana Velasquez (11-0) defends her prestigious MMA belt against No. 3 ranked Denise “Miss Dynamite” Kielholtz (6-2). Kielholtz, who currently holds BELLATOR Kickboxing’s Flyweight World Title will have the opportunity to make history with a victory by becoming the first fighter to hold both BELLATOR MMA and BELLATOR Kickboxing world championships simultaneously.
Additionally, a lightweight preliminary matchup between Longo and Weidman product Charlie Campbell (3-1) and Connecticut’s Nick Giulietti (2-1) has been added to the card as well.
All prelims will stream live at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT on the BELLATOR MMA YouTube channel, SHOWTIME Sports YouTube channel and Pluto TV. Full bout listings are below:
A limited number of tickets starting at $60 remain and can be purchased at Ticketmaster and Bellator.com.
Purchase your tickets for all your MMA and Boxing Events by going here.
BELLATOR MMA 262: Velasquez vs. Kielholtz Fight Card:
Main Card: Friday, July 16 – Live on SHOWTIME 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT
- Flyweight World Title Main Event: C-Juliana Velasquez (11-0) vs. #3-Denise Kielholtz (6-2)
- Heavyweight Bout: #5–Tyrell Fortune (10-1, 1 NC) vs. #7-Matt Mitrione (13-8, 1 NC)
- Bantamweight Bout: Matheus Mattos (12-2-1) vs. Cee Jay Hamilton (15-8)
- Featherweight Bout: #2–Arlene Blencowe (13-8) vs. Dayana Silva (9-6)
- Middleweight Bout: #5-Johnny Eblen (8-0) vs. Travis Davis (10-4)
Preliminary Card: BELLATOR MMA FightBook MMA 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT
- Heavyweight Bout: Ronny Markes (19-8) vs. Said Sowma (6-2)
- Featherweight Bout: Cody Law (3-0) vs. Theodore Macuka (1-0)
- Welterweight Bout: Roman Faraldo (5-0) vs. John Ramirez (5-5)
- Flyweight Bout: Diana Avsaragova (3-0) vs. Gabriella Gulfin (2-2)
- Featherweight Bout: Johnny Soto (4-1) vs. Adil Benjilany (5-3, 1 NC)
- Lightweight Bout: Charlie Campbell (3-1) vs. Nicholas Giulietti (2-1)
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#MMA #CombatSportsNews #BRAVECF #UFC #MuayThai #Boxing #Kickboxing #carloskremer #theroaringcarloskremer #Prowrestling #BareKnuckleFighting