London: The International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF) proudly announces its third annual Amateur MMA Awards, as the ceremony moves online this year in the wake of the global pandemic.
The prestigious occasion will take place on Friday 11 December to celebrate achievements across amateur mixed martial arts of IMMAF athletes, coaches, officials and National Federations during the period spanning November 2019 to October 2020.
Awards fall into three categories; those open for Member Vote, data based awards and those decided by an IMMAF panel. See below for the full list of award categories, with nominees for Member Vote Awards to be announced shortly.
The dress code for the virtual Awards is black-tie, with invitations due to be issued to National Federations.
IMMAF President, Kerrith Brown said:
“It’s been a tough year for MMA participants in most countries of the world during 2020. And so, we look forward to uniting with the IMMAF family in celebration of our achievements against all the odds this year, as a joyful remedy to the humdrum of global restrictions. This is the time for members to put on your best, black-tie party wear and spread out your favourite refreshments to join us in our end-of-year, virtual Awards celebration.”
Member Vote Awards (Athletes)
- Best Female Athlete of the 2019 World Championships
- Best Male Athlete of the 2019 World Championships
- Best Junior Athlete of the Year of the 2019 World Championships
- Best performance (of the 2019 World Championships/ 2020 Oceania Open)
National Federations Awards (IMMAF panel decision)
- Most Proactive National Federation
- Host Federation of the Year
- Social Impact Award
- Best on Social Media Award 2020
National Federations Awards (data based)
- Best IMMAF Educator Award (Most Active National Federation in implementing the IMMAF grading scheme in 2020)
- IMMAF App Award ( for Best National Federation in use of the IMMAF App in 2020)
- Best National Federation for MMA Coaching (Most active National Federation in implementing IMMAF Coach Certification Program)
- IMMAF Anti-doping Award ( for achievement of the highest number of WADA ADeL certifications)
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#mma #combatsportsnews #BRAVECF #ufc #muaythai #boxing #kickboxing #prowrestling #bareknucklefighting