THACKERVILLE, OKLA.: FightBook MMA has your weigh-in results for Bellator 233: Salter vs. van Steenis.
The event takes place inside the WinStar World Casino & Resort tomorrow evening. It will be broadcast live on Paramount Network and simulcast on DAZN at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT, while preliminary bouts will stream on FightBookMMA beginning at 6:15 pm ET/5:15 pm CT.
The main event will feature a 185-pound headliner when Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt John Salter (16-4) returns to action against Gegard Mousasi’s middleweight protégé, Costello van Steenis (12-1). In the co-main event, we will see former Strikeforce world champion “King Mo” Lawal (21-9, 1 NC) make his final appearance inside the Bellator cage for his retirement bout against Denver’s Andrew Kapel (14-6) in a 195-pound contract weight matchup.
Fans will see Leslie Smith (11-7-1) take on former title challenger Arlene Blencowe (12-7) of Australia, and an intriguing heavyweight fight between heralded prospect Tyrell Fortune (4-5) and Azunna Anyanwu (15-5) of Philadelphia.
The preliminary card will be highlighted by Romero Cotton (3-0), Jordan Young (11-0), Logan Storley (10-0), Christian Edwards (1-0) and twin brother of Tyrell, Tyree Fortune (4-0), as well as the promotional debuts of light heavyweight Grant Neal (1-0), former Oklahoma State University wrestling standout Kyle Crutchmer (4-0), second generation star Lucas Brennan (1-0) and Davion Franklin (Pro Debut) of Jackson Wink MMA. Also fan favorite Janay Harding (5-3) will square off with Amanda Bell (6-6) in the women’s featherweight division.
Bellator 233: Salter vs. van Steenis – Live on Paramount Network & DAZN– 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT
- Middleweight Main Event: John Salter (185.3) vs. Costello van Steenis (185.4)
- 195-Pound Contract Weight Co-Main Event: “King Mo” Lawal (193.3) vs. Andrew Kapel (192.7)
- Featherweight Main Card Bout: Leslie Smith (145.5) vs. Arlene Blencowe (145.3)
- Heavyweight Main Card Bout: Tyrell Fortune (247.7) vs. Zu Anyanwu (264.9)
Preliminary Card live on FightBook MMA – 6:15 p.m. ET/5:15 p.m. CT
- Lightweight Preliminary Bout: Aaron McKenzie (155.2) vs. Sean Clements (154.9)
- Featherweight Preliminary Bout: Lucas Brennan (145.4) vs. Jacob Landin (145.6)
- Light Heavyweight Preliminary Bout: Tyree Fortune (205) vs. Chuck Campbell (205.6)
- 175-Pound Contract Weight Preliminary Bout: Logan Storley (174.4) vs. E.J. Brooks (174.9)
- Light Heavyweight Preliminary Bout: Jordan Young (203.5) vs. Julius Anglickas (205.6)
- Featherweight Preliminary Bout: Janay Harding (145.6) vs. Amanda Bell (146)
- Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Kyle Crutchmer (170.4) vs. Robert Gidron (175.8)*
- Middleweight Preliminary Bout: Romero Cotton (186) vs. Jason Perrotta (186.7)*
- Light Heavyweight Preliminary Bout: Christian Edwards (205.9) vs. Cesar Bennett (192.8)
- Light Heavyweight Preliminary Bout: Grant Neal (205.5) vs. Jimmy Lugo (203.4)
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#mma #combatsportsnews #BRAVECF #ufc #muaythai #boxing #kickboxing #prowrestling #bareknucklefighting