Francesco Facchinetti, an Italian DJ and television personality has alledged that former two-weight UFC champion, ‘The Notorious’ Conor McGregor assaulted him in an unprovoked attack at an event at the St. Regis hotel in Rome, Italy — leaving him with a bloodied lip and a broken nose.
McGregor, who is currently out of action as he deals with the recovery process following a surgical procedure to address a fractured tibia suffered in his first round doctor’s stoppage TKO loss to Dustin Poirier, is currently in Rome with his family and partner, Dee Devlin, where the couple recently baptized their second son, Rían at a ceremony in the Vatican — where he was also presented with the key to the city.
Posting on his official Instagram account, Facchinetti claimed that the 33-year-old McGregor had been speaking with him at an event at the St. Regis hotel in Rome for multiple hours, before attacking him in a seemingly unprovoked manner, resulting in him suffering a broken nose.
“At 2:30 this night, I was attacked by Mr. (Conor) McGregor,” Facchinetti posted on his Instagram story. “The very famous McGregor, who punched me in the mouth, broke my nose in front of ten witnesses, his friends, and his bodyguards. He attacked me without motivation as we talked for more than two hours and we had fun together. I could have shut up and not say anything to anyone, but since I’m here to tell it. I must say that that person is really violent and dangerous.” (Translated from Italian by Pro Sports Extra)
“I took a punch for nothing,” Facchinetti said. “That punch could go to anyone. My friends, my wife, or other friends. That’s why I decided to sue Conor McGregor because he is a violent and dangerous person.” Facchinetti’s wife, Wilma Fassiol also addressed the alleged incident, claiming that McGregor had attempted to further attack and strike her husband before members of his entourage corralled him and held him against a wall.
“Then out nowhere, he (McGregor) threw a punch in the face of Francesco,” Faissol said. “He was inviting us to another party. Francesco said, ‘Okay, let’s go’ and he hit him. Luckily, he (Facchinetti) was very close so he (McGregor) couldn’t load up on his punch. Francesco flew back, fell on the table, and then on the ground. The first thing that came to mind was, ‘Are we kidding? Is it a show?’ Then I was paralyzed. I turned around and saw that his (McGregor’s) friends were holding him against the wall because he wanted to continue beating Francesco. Then they took him away. I turned on the light and the guards turned them off. Francesco was bleeding. I wanted to help him and the guards chased us away.“
“He (McGregor) will stay in Italy until October 26.,” Faissol continued. “If you see him stay away from him. Don’t go near him and ask for autographs because he is (an) unstable and (a) dangerous person.“
A spokesperson for the St. Regis hotel confirmed they would offer law enforcement complete support if they wish to proceed with an investigation.
“We will offer the police our full support in their investigation,” The statement read. “The safety and security of our guests and employees is always our first priority.“
During his trip to Rome, McGregor also met with former Porto, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Manchester United, and Tottenham Hotspur, manager, current A.S. Roma head coach, Jose Mourinho — where the two exchanged an A.S. Roma jersey as well as toasting McGregor’s Proper No. Twelve whiskey.
Senior writer for FightBook MMA. An aspiring mixed martial arts reporter based in Ireland. Producer of news articles, interviews, opinion features, and exclusive features such as, ‘The Fallout’, ‘The Breakdown, and, ‘This Week In MMA’.
#MMA #CombatSportsNews #BRAVECF #UFC #MuayThai #Boxing #Kickboxing #Prowrestling #BareKnuckleFighting