LAS VEGAS — Boxing is back, and Shakur Stevenson put on a show. The WBO featherweight world champion, who was making his super featherweight debut, knocked out Puerto Rican contender Felix “La Sombra” Caraballo in the sixth round of a scheduled 10-rounder at MGM Grand Conference Center—Grand Ballroom in Las Vegas.
The Nevada State Athletic Commission sent over the medical suspensions to FightBook MMA. According to the list, both Stevenson and Caraballo are suspended until 07/25/20 with no contact until 07/10/20 after their main event bout. Below you can find the complete medical suspensions.
Stevenson showcased his talents in the first major boxing card in the United States since the COVID-19 pandemic began. A body shot spelled the end for Caraballo (13-2-2, 9 KOs), who had won five in a row before tonight. For Stevenson (14-0, 8 KOs), the sky remains the limit. For the complete recap and video highlights you can go here.
Top Rank Show (6-9-2020) Medical Suspensions:
- FELIX WILSON CARABALLO RAMOS: Suspended until 07/25/20 and no contact until 07/10/20
- ASH-SHAKUR NAFI-SHAHID STEVENSON: Suspended until 07/10/20 and no contact until 07/01/20
- JOHNNIE MORRIS LANGSTON: Suspended until 07/25/20 and no contact until 07/10/20
- DONALD LEROY HAYNESWORTH, II: Suspended until 07/25/20 and no contact until 07/10/20
- QUATAVIOUS DEMON CASH: Suspend Cash until 07/25/20 and no contact until 07/10/20 due to Laceration
- CALVIN LYNN METCALF: Metcalf must have cuts cleared by Dr or no contest until 07/25/20, no contact until 07/10/20; minimum suspension no contest
until 07/10/20, no contact until 07/01/20
- YEURI ANDUJAR: Suspend Andujar until 07/25/20 an no contact until 07/10/20
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#MMA #CombatSportsNews #BRAVECF #UFC #MuayThai #Boxing #Kickboxing #Prowrestling #BareKnuckleFighting