UFC 231: Max Holloway vs. Brian Ortega takes place Saturday at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
The UFC has released the Embedded Vlogs which previews the two title fights that are scheduled for the night and you can watch Episode #5 above. In the main event, featherweight champion Max Holloway (19-3 MMA, 15-3 UFC) returns after a year-long layoff and he will meet Brian Ortega (14-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC). In the co-main event, the vacant women’s flyweight belt is on the line as former bantamweight title challenger Valentina Shevchenko (15-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC) takes on ex-strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk (14-2 MMA, 9-2 UFC).
From the official YouTube description:
On Episode 5 of UFC 231 Embedded, featherweight champion Max Holloway tours Toronto with his son. Title challenger Brian Ortega plays pool and then trains inside a friend’s expansive home. At media day, opponents talk about their upcoming pairings: welterweights Gunnar Nelson and Alex “Cowboy” Oliveira, light heavyweights Jimi Manuwa and Thiago Santos, and strawweights Claudia Gadelha and Nina Ansaroff. The stars of the main and comain perform at open workouts: Holloway, Ortega, former strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk and flyweight contender Valentina Shevchenko. UFC 231 Embedded is an all-access, behind-the-scenes video blog leading up to the two world title fights taking place Saturday, December 8th on Pay-Per-View.
(Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Max Holloway vs. Brian Ortega
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Valentina Shevchenko
- Alex Oliveira vs. Gunnar Nelson
- Hakeem Dawodu vs. Kyle Bochniak
- Jimi Manuwa vs. Thiago Santos
Preliminary Card #2
(FS1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Claudia Gadelha vs. Nina Ansaroff
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jessica Eye
- Eryk Anders vs. Elias Theodorou
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Gilbert Burns
Preliminary Card #1
(UFC Fight Pass, 6 p.m. ET)
- Devin Clark vs. Aleksandar Rakic
- Brad Katona vs. Matthew Lopez
- Chad Laprise vs. Dhiego Lima
- Jesse Ronson vs. Diego Ferreira