UFC 246: McGregor vs Cerrone took place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday, January 18. The main card aired on pay-per-view while the prelims on ESPN and ESPN+/UFC Fight Pass.
The event drew an announced attendance of 19,040 fans for a live gate of $11,089,129.30. UFC officials announced the figures following the event.
In the main event, Conor McGregot stopped Donald Cerrone in only 40 seconds in the first round by TKO. This win puts him right back into title contention.
In the co-main event, Holly Holm handed Raquel Pennington her second loss. After their scheduled 15 minutes, Holm earned a unanimous decision with scores of 29-28, 30-27, 30-27.
Conor McGregor, Aleksei Oleinik, Brian Kelleher, Diego Ferreira and Drew Dober each took home an extra $50,000 in bonuses. All fighters were awarded “Performance of the Night” but no “Fight of the Night” was given. UFC officials announced the winners after the event.
Fighters took home their Reebok Sponsorship Payout totaling $165,000. Top earners of the night was Donald Cerrone and Anthony Pettis taking home $20k.
Fighters with 1-3 bouts receive $3,500 per appearance; 4-10 bouts get $5,000; 11-15 bouts earn $10,000; 16-20 bouts pocket $15,000; and 21 bouts and more get $20,000. Additionally, champions earn $40,000 while title challengers get $30,000. Also, UFC fighters will receive in perpetuity royalty payments amounting to 20-30 percent of any UFC merchandise sold that bears their likeness, according to officials.
UFC 246 UFC Reebok Sponsorship Payout include:
- Conor McGregor: $10,000
- Donald Cerrone: $20,000
- Holly Holm: $10,000
- Raquel Pennington: $10,000
- Aleksei Oleinik: $10,000
- Maurice Greene: $4,000
- Brian Kelleher: $5,000
- Ode Osbourne: $3,500
- Diego Ferreira: $5,000
- Anthony Pettis: $20,000
- Roxanne Modafferi: $5,000
- Maycee Barber: $4,000
- Sodiq Yusuff: $4,000
- Andre Fili: $10,000
- Askar Askarov: $3,500
- Tim Elliott: $10,000
- Drew Dober: $10,000
- Nasrat Haqparast: $4,000
- Aleksa Camur: $3,500
- Justin Ledet: $5,000
- Sabina Mazo: $3,500
- J.J. Aldrich: $5,000
UFC 246 Official Results include:
- Conor McGregor def. Donald Cerrone via TKO (punches) in Round 1, 0:40
- Holly Holm def. Raquel Pennington via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Aleksei Oleinik def. Maurice Greene via submission (armbar) in Round 2, 4:38
- Brian Kelleher def. Ode Osbourne via submission (guillotine choke) in Round 1, 2:45
- Diego Ferreira def. Anthony Pettis via submission (rear-naked choke) in Round 2, 1:46
- Roxanne Modafferi def. Maycee Barber via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Sodiq Yusuff def. Andre Fili via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Askar Askarov def. Tim Elliott via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Drew Dober def. Nasrat Haqparast via TKO (punches) in Round 1, 1:10
- Aleksa Camur def. Justin Ledet via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Sabina Mazo def. J.J. Aldrich via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#mma #combatsportsnews #BRAVECF #ufc #muaythai #boxing #kickboxing #prowrestling #bareknucklefighting