Las Vegas – UFC 249: Ferguson vs. Gaethje will take place on Saturday, May 9 at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida. FightBook MMA will have your official results below and you can join the chat room by going here.
In the main event, No. 1 ranked lightweight contender Tony Ferguson and No. 4 ranked Justin Gaethje battle for the interim championship. In the co-main event, Henry Cejudo intends to prove that he is the greatest UFC bantamweight champion of all time as he looks to defeat multiple-time title-holder Dominick Cruz.
All prelim bouts will be simulcast on ESPN, ESPN Deportes, and ESPN+ in English and Spanish beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET. The prelims will continue exclusively on ESPN & ESPN+ 8 p.m. ET and the ESPN+ Pay-Per-View main card will kick off at 10 p.m. ET. This will be the first of three events taking place at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida on May 9, 13 and 16 respectively, future cards will be announced at a later date. These events will be closed to the public and will be produced with only essential personnel in attendance. In the video above you will see these athletes train and prepare ahead of their bouts.
Purchase your tickets for all your MMA and Boxing Events by going here.
UFC 249: Ferguson vs. Gaethje Fight Card Results:
(Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- For the interim lightweight title: Justin Gaethje defeats Tony Ferguson via TKO in Round 5, 3:39
- For the bantamweight title: Henry Cejudo derears Dominick Cruz by KO in Round 2, 4:58
- Francis Ngannou defeats Jairzinho Rozenstruik by KO in Round 1, :20
- Calvin Kattar defeats Jeremy Stephens via KO in Round 2, 2:42
- Greg Hardy defeats Yorgan De Castro via unanimous decision
(ESPN, ESPN+, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Anthony Pettis defeats Donald Cerrone via unanimous decision
- Aleksei Oleinik defeats Fabricio Werdum via split decision
- Carla Esparza defeats Michelle Waterson via split decision
- Vicente Luque defeats Niko Price by TKO via Dr. stoppage
- Bryce Mitchell defeats Charles Rosa via unanimous decision
- Ryan Spann defeats Sam Alvey via split decision
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#MMA #CombatSportsNews #BRAVECF #UFC #MuayThai #Boxing #Kickboxing #carloskremer #theroaringcarloskremer #Prowrestling #BareKnuckleFighting