FightBook MMA has your official results for UFC 251: Usman vs Masvidal.
This event will take place Saturday, July 11 at Yas Forum on Abu Dhabi’s Yas Island. UFC FIGHT ISLAND will be headlined by a trio of world championship bouts.
The main event will stream live on Pay-Per-View exclusively through ESPN+ in the U.S. at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT in both English and Spanish. Preliminary fights will air nationally in English on ESPN and ESPN+, and in Spanish on ESPN Deportes, starting at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT with the first four bouts also simulcast on UFC Fight Pass.
In the main event, Welterweight champ Kamaru ‘The Nigerian Nightmare’ Usman fighting out of Boca Raton, Fla. by way of Auchi, Nigeria will be defending his belt when he takes on Jorge Masvidal fighting out of Miami, Florida.
In the co-main event, we will see a featherweight championship rematch between Alexander Volkanovski fighting out of Windang, New South Wales, Australia takes on Max Holloway fighting out of Waianae, Hawaii. In the featured bout, Petr Yan fighting out of Yekaterinburg, Russia has quickly emerged as one of the top bantamweights in the world since fighting under the UFC banner with a KO victory against Teruto Ishihara back in 2018. Jose Aldo fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
UFC 251: Usman vs Masvidal Fight Card:
(Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- For the welterweight title: Champ Kamaru Usman def. Jorge Masvidal by unanimous decision
- For the featherweight title: Champ Alexander Volkanovski def Max Holloway
- For the vacant bantamweight title: Petr Yan def. Jose Aldo by TKO in Round 5, 3:24
- Rose Namajunas def. Jessica Andrade by split decision
- Amanda Ribas def. Paige VanZant by armabr in Round 1, 2:21
PRELIMINARY CARD #2
(ESPN, ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Jiri Prochazka def. Volkan Oezdemir by KO in Round 2, :49
- Muslim Salikhov def. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos by split decision
- Makwan Amirkhani def. Danny Henry anaconda choke in Round 1, 3:15
- Leonardo Santos def. Roman Bogatov by unanimous decision
PRELIMINARY CARD #1
(ESPN, ESPN+, 6:15 p.m. ET)
- Marcin Tybura def. Alexander Romanov by unanimous decision
- Raulian Paiva def. Zhalgas Zhumagulov by unanimous decision
- Karol Rosa def. Vanessa Melo by unanimous decision
- Davey Grant def. Martin Day by KO in Round 3, 2:38
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#MMA #CombatSportsNews #BRAVECF #UFC #MuayThai #Boxing #Kickboxing #Prowrestling #BareKnuckleFighting