Seef District, Bahrain – Ahmed Amir is not fighting at BRAVE CF 44, which takes place this Thursday, November 5th, in the Kingdom of Bahrain, and will be headlined by a Lightweight title fight between current world champion Cleiton ”Predator” Silva and top contender Amin Ayoub. But ”The Butcher” made his presence known during the face-offs for the main event and almost caused a brawl.
The Bahraini-Egyptian fighter started yelling at both Cleiton and Amin while they were facing off, saying ”Hey, guys, this is my title! It’s my title, ok?”, at which point ”Predator” made offensive hand gestures and Ahmed charged at the champ, being held back by BRAVE CF officials.
They exchanged very tough words, and even Ayoub got in the middle, while John Brewin also spoke out about the title run, claiming they would have to wait until he got the shot first – New Zealand’s Brewin will fight Rolando Dy in the main card of BRAVE CF 44.
Amir claimed he had respect for Ayoub, but that the Lightweight title was his, and that regardless of it, Cleiton was his number one target. The champ’s team reacted by laughing off the incident, claiming the last time both men were in the cage, ”Ahmed needed a blood transfusion”.
In their first encounter, at BRAVE CF 11, Cleiton ”Predator” beat Ahmed Amir by TKO in one of the bloodiest fights in BRAVE CF history. However, a shadow was cast upon the win due to the fact Cleiton hadn’t made weight.
However, this time, the Brazilian champ had no trouble stepping into the scale, successfully weighing in under the Lightweight limit. Overall, only one fighter missed weight.
Aside from the scuffle, all fighters made weight but one. Amateur Mohammad Tawfeeq Almherat missed weight by 0.2kg but the fight will go on as scheduled.
BRAVE CF 44 Weigh-In Results
- Lightweight word title – Cleiton ”Predator” (70,1 kg) vs Amin Ayoub (70,1 kg)
- Welterweight – Abdoul Abdouraguimov (79,6 kg) vs Louis Glismann (78,9 kg)
- Lightweight – John Brewin (70,8 kg) vs Rolando Dy (70,2 kg)
- Middleweight – Dominic Schober (83,7 kg) vs Mzwandile Hlongwa (83,8 kg)
- Bantamweight – Gerson Pereira (61,3 kg) vs Bair Stehpin (61,6 kg)
- Lightweight – Abbas Khan (70,7 kg) vs Yann Liasse (70,4 kg)
- Am. Catchweight (73 kg) – Mohammed Sameer (72,8 kg) vs Toni Bourached (72,5 kg)
- Am. Flyweight – Mohammed Salah Almuamari (56,9 kg) vs Mohammad Tawfeeq Almherat (57,3 kg) Almherat missed weight, but fight goes on
VIDEO: BRAVE CF 44 Face-off scuffle: