Las Vegas – UFC 249: Ferguson vs. Gaethje will take place on Saturday, May 9 at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida.
In the main event, No. 1 ranked lightweight contender Tony Ferguson and No. 4 ranked Justin Gaethje battle for the interim championship. In the co-main event, Henry Cejudo intends to prove that he is the greatest UFC bantamweight champion of all time as he looks to defeat multiple-time title-holder Dominick Cruz.
All prelim bouts will be simulcast on ESPN, ESPN Deportes, and ESPN+ in English and Spanish beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET. The prelims will continue exclusively on ESPN & ESPN+ 8 p.m. ET and the ESPN+ Pay-Per-View main card will kick off at 10 p.m. ET. This will be the first of three events taking place at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida on May 9, 13 and 16 respectively, future cards will be announced at a later date. These events will be closed to the public and will be produced with only essential personnel in attendance. In the video above you will see these athletes train and prepare ahead of their bouts.
Straight from the YouTube description:
Dominick Cruz recalls being thrown by Ronda Rousey and runs outdoors. Justin Gaethje walks his dog and plays pool between workouts. Tony Ferguson chooses an unexpected sport for cross-training in Jacksonville.
UFC 249: Ferguson vs. Gaethje Fight Card:
(Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- For the interim lightweight title: Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje
- For the bantamweight title: Henry Cejudo vs. Dominick Cruz
- Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Calvin Kattar vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Yorgan De Castro vs. Greg Hardy
(ESPN, ESPN+, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis
- Aleksei Oleinik vs. Fabricio Werdum
- Carla Esparza vs. Michelle Waterson
- Uriah Hall vs. Ronaldo Souza
- Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price
- Bryce Mitchell vs. Charles Rosa
- Sam Alvey vs. Ryan Spann