Check out our new audio content!
Cannabidiol has gained popularity worldwide as a potent natural remedy for several ailments. The rise in healthcare costs has prompted individuals to switch to such alternative medicines. The increase in the popularity of research studies highlighting cannabis’s medicinal properties has also led to a rise in demand. Cannabidiol oil contains these hemp extracts in varying concentrations and is an integral part of the marijuana market. Individuals looking to cross over into more natural and sustainable treatment methodologies should invest in such products. Are you considering cannabidiol oil as a replacement for over-the-counter drugs? If so, read on to learn more about what consumers can gain by moving towards CBD oil and other CBD products.
What is cannabidiol?
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is one of over a hundred chemical compounds found in the cannabis plant. It is a phytocannabinoid that influences our body by interacting with our endocannabinoid system. The medicinal and therapeutic properties of cannabidiol make it effective in treating several physical and mental ailments. Unlike its distant cousin, tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol does not produce any mind-altering or psychoactive effects. As a result, consumers can use these products for extended periods without worrying about side effects. Tetrahydrocannabinol, better known as THC, is responsible for the intoxication associated with marijuana use.
Manufacturers can extract these compounds from hemp and marijuana. However, most brands prefer to use hemp as it contains lower amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol. The 2018 Farm Bill helped legalize hemp products that contain less than 0.3% THC. As a result, brands prefer to extract these compounds from hemp to stay on the safe side of the law. Most manufacturers offer various products containing hemp extracts. Some of the most popular options available in the cannabis market include oils, tinctures, pills, capsules, edibles, bath bombs, and topical creams.
What Can Consumers Gain from CBD Oil?
- Marijuana has a long history of serving as a potent analgesic that enables consumers to alleviate symptoms associated with chronic and acute pain. Cannabidiol and other phytocannabinoids work by binding to our receptors and neurotransmitters. It interacts with the CB1 receptors that manage our pain tolerance, leading to potent pain-relieving properties. Additionally, when used in combination with tetrahydrocannabinol, these extracts can be even more effective. Researchers call this phenomenon the entourage effect, and further research will help us learn how to utilize this for medicinal purposes.
- The FDA recently approved the first drug that uses cannabidiol to treat a rare form of pediatric epilepsy. Additionally, an oral spray named Sativex that contains THC and CBD helps patients with multiple sclerosis. Studies show that cannabidiol can help reduce the frequency and strength of epileptic seizures and muscle spasms. These products also help alleviate the pain, discomfort, and mobility issues associated with such ailments.
- The relaxing and calming abilities of these extracts help consumers combat depression and anxiety. Life in the modern-day world can lead to severe mental and physical trauma due to its fast-paced and highly stressful nature. Most individuals are not adept at dealing with such tension, giving rise to neurological and social disorders, such as anxiety. These ailments can have detrimental effects on our well-being and health. Additionally, over-the-counter drugs used to treat such issues often lead to adverse side effects and dependencies. On the other hand, cannabidiol can calm your nerves and relax your muscles naturally. As a result, more and more people utilize these natural products to combat excessive anxiousness and hypertension.
- Sleeping is a crucial part of our daily schedule as it provides our body with enough time to heal, recover and recuperate after a long day. However, physical pain and mental trauma can make it challenging for people to get the rest they require at night. However, this leads to a vicious cycle wherein people wake up tired, moody, and irritable. Cannabidiol can help prevent such problems by enabling people to sleep soundly at night by regulating their circadian rhythm. As a result, it can help people combat various sleep-related disorders, such as insomnia.
- Recent studies have also highlighted the anti-tumor properties of these compounds. While further research will help reinforce such links and create a dosage schedule, early efforts look promising. Patients undergoing chemotherapy utilize these compounds to alleviate symptoms, including nausea, vomiting, headaches, and lack of appetite. The analgesic properties of these products help such patients deal with the tremendous pain they undergo during treatment.
- Cannabidiol can reduce inflammation by regulating our immune response by binding to CB2 receptors found in the peripheral nervous system. All inflammation arises as a part of our body’s response to what it deems an external attack. Cannabidiol can regulate these responses, helping prevent excessive swelling, redness, and inflammation. It can also monitor and control sebum production, leading to clearer, acne-free skin. These properties of cannabidiol enable it to prevent acne, scarring, eczema, psoriasis and delay various signs of aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines.
- Another integral benefit that these extracts provide revolves around their neuroprotectant properties. These compounds interact with our endocannabinoid system and can influence our brain’s signaling system. As a result, they can help treat various neurological disorders, such as epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, anxiety, depression, and Alzheimer’s. Studies also prove that products containing CBD can help prevent neurological degeneration.
Additional benefits that cannabidiol can offer consumers include the following.
- Benefit the cardiovascular system by preventing cell inflammation and death associated with heart disease
- Lower our blood pressure by helping us relax
- Powerful antioxidant that leads to better, youthful-looking, and flawless skin
- Antipsychotic effects to combat mental disorders, such as schizophrenia
- Help individuals recover from substance abuse by alleviating withdrawal symptoms
- Diabetes prevention and improved appetite
- Help treat mobility issues and joint pain associated with arthritis
Making the Most of CBD
Consumers should research the cannabis market before purchasing anything to guarantee high quality and consistency. Going over online reviews, customer testimonials, and forums can help consumers gauge a brand’s reputation and credibility. Also, users must go over the manufacturer’s website and check their certificate of analysis and other third-party testing reports. Doing so will help them understand the list of active ingredients in these products and the processing methods used to create them. Also, consumers should consult a doctor before starting any CBD-based regimen. Doing so will help prevent adverse drug reactions and help them build an ideal dosing schedule. They should stick to these recommendations to experience the best results. It is always advisable to start with low doses and work your way up as and when required.
As you can see, CBD oil can provide consumers with several benefits. It serves as a potent natural remedy that can help transform lives for the better. Unlike traditional medication, it does not produce any adverse side effects or creates any bad habits. Are you ready to boost your overall productivity and well-being by switching to such natural and sustainable products? Help others learn about the benefits of cannabidiol by sharing your experience in the comments below!