Betting odds for UFC 249: Ferguson vs. Gaethje

(Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

Las Vegas – UFC 249: Ferguson vs. Gaethje will take place on Saturday, May 9 at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida.

All prelim bouts will be simulcast on ESPN, ESPN Deportes, and ESPN+ in English and Spanish beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET. The prelims will continue exclusively on ESPN & ESPN+ 8 p.m. ET and the ESPN+ Pay-Per-View main card will kick off at 10 p.m. ET. This will be the first of three events taking place at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida on May 9, 13 and 16 respectively, future cards will be announced at a later date. These events will be closed to the public and will be produced with only essential personnel in attendance.

As announced last week in the main event, Tony Ferguson (26-3) fighting out of Orange County, California will take on Justin Gaethje (21-2) fighting out of Arvada, Colorado as they battle for the interim lightweight title. Ferguson is on the verge of becoming the first two-time interim lightweight champion in UFC history. He now looks to get his 13th win in a row and raise UFC gold once again. Gaethje has earned a post-fight bonus in every single one of his UFC bouts, he’s one of the best knockout artists in the division’s history. Gaethje has earned stoppage wins over Donald Cerrone, Edson Barboza, and James Vick and looks to secure another finish and earn his first UFC title..

In the co-main event, Henry Cejudo (15-2) fighting out of Phoenix, Arizona is coming into this fight to prove that he is the greatest UFC bantamweight champion of all time when he takes on Dominick Cruz (22-2) fighting out of San Diego, California. As noted by the sports investing experts at Ghost Insights, Cejudo is one of only four athletes in UFC history to hold two championships at the same time. Cruz is coming into this fight to prove that he is still the best bantamweight in the world. He’s a former UFC and WEC champion and holds wins over Urijah Faber, TJ Dillashaw, and Demetrious Johnson. Cruz now looks to be the first person to defeat Cejudo at 135-pounds and regain his title.

The Ferguson vs Gaethje odds have narrowed since they opened, but “El Cucuy” remains a sizable favorite. On average across sportsbooks, Ferguson is a -169 favorite. Taking out the vig, oddsmakers give him a 60.87% probability of winning, compared to 39.13% for Gaethje. The co-main between Cejudo and Cruz is even more lopsided with Cejudo at 67.64% probability and Cruz at just 32.36%. Converting odds to probability or visa versa can be figured out here, with benefit of being able to compare American to fraction odds also.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

UFC 249: Ferguson vs. Gaethje Fight Card:

Main Card
Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET

  • For the interim lightweight title: Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje
  • For the bantamweight title: Henry Cejudo vs. Dominick Cruz
  • Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
  • Calvin Kattar vs. Jeremy Stephens
  • Yorgan De Castro vs. Greg Hardy

Preliminary Card
ESPN, ESPN+, 6:30 p.m. ET

  • Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis
  • Aleksei Oleinik vs. Fabricio Werdum
  • Carla Esparza vs. Michelle Waterson
  • Uriah Hall vs. Ronaldo Souza
  • Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price
  • Bryce Mitchell vs. Charles Rosa
  • Sam Alvey vs. Ryan Spann

--------------------ஜ۩۞۩ஜ--------------------

#MMA #CombatSportsNews #BRAVECF #UFC #MuayThai #Boxing #Kickboxing #Prowrestling #BareKnuckleFighting

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: