JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – FightBook MMA has your early and official UFC on ESPN 8 fighter weigh-ins.
The early weigh-ins take place at a hotel in Jacksonville, Fla. UFC on ESPN 8 takes place on Saturday, May 16, 2020, at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville. The card airs on ESPN and streams on ESPN+. In the main event, Alistair Overeem will take on Walt Harris in the heavyweight division. In the co-main event, Claudia Gadelha will go against Angela Hill in the women’s strawweight division. Walt Harris came in at 264.5lbs while his opponent Alistair Overeem came in at 253.5lbs. Claudia Gadelha made weight coming in at 115.5lbs and her opponent Angela Hill was on point stepping on the scale at 115lbs.
Marvin Vettori also weighed in as an alternate for the event and came in at 203.5lbs. With Mike Davis removed from the card, late replacement Irwin Rivera will take his spot against Giga Chikadze. A UFC statement said his participation is dependent on “medical clearance including a COVID-19 test. As a result, the commission has agreed to weigh in Rivera separately and he will not participate in today’s official weigh-ins and faceoffs.” Also stepping on the scale as an alternate was UFC Hall of Famer Urijah Faber who weighed in at 153.5 pounds.
UFC on ESPN 8 weigh-in results:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 9 p.m. ET)
- Alistair Overeem (253.5) vs. Walt Harris (264.5)
- Claudia Gadelha (115.5) vs. Angela Hill (115)
- Edson Barboza (145.5) vs. Dan Ige (146)
- Eryk Anders (186) vs. Krzysztof Jotko (185.5)
- Marlon Vera (145.5) vs. Song Yadong (145.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET)
- Miguel Baeza (170.5) vs. Matt Brown (171)
- Anthony Hernandez (185.5) vs. Kevin Holland (182.5)
- Giga Chikadze (145.5) vs. Irwin Rivera (TBA*)
- Darren Elkins (146) vs. Nate Landwehr (146)
- Mara Romero Borella (125.5) vs. Cortney Casey (126)
- Don’Tale Mayes (241) vs. Rodrigo Nascimento (255)